The event will run for the 6th to the 10th of August across the whole country but we will be present at the Hub Event on the weekend of the 9th and 10th.
We will have both a SSACN and SSTP stand where the public can come and chat to us about what we are doing to promote Sea Angling and protect Scottish Sharks.
In addition, there will be information about how you can become involved in our citizen science tagging programme with shark tagging courses running throughout both days.
If the rest of the family need something to do while your learning to tag sharks there will be lots of activities for them including, educational puzzles, games and quizzes. Furthermore, we will be providing seminars for the public on our shark tagging work with an introduction to shark biology and conservation.
The event itself will be providing a vast range of other things to occupy visitors including:
- Free "have a go" sessions for beginners (booking required)
- Free casting demonstrations with world Spey casting champion Andrew Toft and Ian Gordan
- Free professional casting tuition
- Professional fly tyers
- Entertainment, games and treasure hunts for the kids
- 25min seminars on angling related topics
- And much much more!
You can visit the Stirling 2014 website for more information here or visit the Event’s official Facebook page.